Samyang 14mm f2.8 Price
- Product Name
Samyang SY14M-C 14mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Angle Prime Lens for Canon DSLR Camera (SY14M-C)
Samyang SY14MAE-N 14mm F/2.8 Ultra Wide Angle Prime Lens for Nikon AE (Black) (SY14MAE-N)
Samyang 14mm f2.8 Review
The Samyang 14mm f2.8 is a new player in the market of digital camera lenses. This new and modern portable product manufactured by a Korean company by the name Samyang is quite a catch especially for the people who love wide angle lenses.
As compared to many of the other digital camera lenses in the same category, this lens is quite affordable though it has its own fair share of weakness as well as strengths. The lenses are branded by different companies. These companies that brand the wide angle lenses of the Samyang 14mm f2.8 include Rokinon, Bower and Walimex. Among the quickest things to notice when you first use these lenses is that there is a slight problem when it comes to focusing. This is at least for a first time user who has not used these lenses for some time. This problem is mainly brought about by the fact that the digital camera lenses do not offer the AF or any other “native” coupling.
The only provision is the Canon EF compatible mount which is not very efficient when it comes to easy and quick focussing. Though the issue of manual focusing may not sound very serious, it will be quite a drawback when you are new to the lenses and still learning how to use them efficiently. Nonetheless, with time this problem will be the least of your worries since you will naturally get used to the focussing. The Samyang 14mm f2.8 uses quite some old technology when it comes to the aperture of the camera. The aperture is actually not controlled by the camera but it is directly on the lens. It thus uses an aperture ring which is; as you might rightfully guess quite an awkward and old kind of technology.
However, this turned out not to be quite a big bother as it does not affect anything on the performance of the camera when it comes to the field. The physical size of the camera remains the same during focusing and this is because the lens features internal focusing mechanism which is a big plus for the Samyang Camera lens. It is also noted that the camera lens is assembled using both metal and some good quality plastics which give it a compact and excellent finish. The aperture ring has distinctive clicks when rotated to enable the user determine how many steps have been taken. However, the big front element of the camera lens does not rotate and it is only the aperture ring that is movable.
Generally the build quality of this camera lens is among the best in quality among all other digital camera lenses. This camera lens has a petal-shaped hood that is fixed as well as the provision of a Snap-On lens cap that protects the lenses and is certainly very useful when the lens is being transported. This way, you can be sure that the lenses of the camera are safe from any scratches or damage when you are transporting the camera. Samyang 14mm f2.8 is certainly a good quality camera lens that is superior to a good number of the other available digital camera lenses of the same price range.
- Samyang 85mm f1.4 Samyang
- Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony
- Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS SEL-55210 Sony
- Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS SEL-50F18 Sony
- Sony SAL-16105 Sony
- Canon EF 75-300mm f 4-5.6 III USM Canon
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] - Nikon Tamron
- Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro Canon
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Canon
- Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] - Sony Sony
- Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon
- Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 Tamron
- The Samyang 14mm f2.8 is manufactured by Samyang and was added in December 2014 in the Camera Lenses section
- This product has a rating of 4.5 out of 5
- The best price of the Samyang 14mm f2.8 in India is ₹ 21,070.47 at Amazon
- In India this product is available in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru
- You can find this product at Amazon